I have fought with IIS for a few hours trying to do what I can do in apache with a simple Alias statement and have finally managed to get to a permanent solution. The idea is that there is a subfolder under a site which has quite a large CMS component, the structure looks kind of like:
All of these have different settings for application pools which creates a complication. The site has been pointed to by http://site.tld.com, the SelfService component can be reached by http://site.tld.com/SelfService and the request was that the SelfService module should be reached by http://SelfService.tld.com.
Quick post for dsquery syntax that I can never remember.
A new firewall rule at my organisation has left me needing a way to redirect external traffic via my public host. I have updated the rules for my openVPN to go via https as proxy servers have a great deal of difficulty dealing with these sites without DPI (deep packet inspection) and will kick up MITM errors when they try to resign certificates.
My client will handle all internal traffic to the internal network and all external traffic via the proxy. I am using port sharing (proxy handling) under openVPN to allow my https site (that I host subversion repos from) to continue to operate as per normal.
I migrated (using rsync and some magic) a virtual server from an old VM to a new one, as part of this I grabbed all of the packages and re apt-got them. This worked fine for all the packages except for the /etc/apache2 directory, which was causing some funkiness for libapache2-svn. I had ignored it to this point as it didn’t affect me, but I finally wanted to get apache’s SVN operational again and needed to find a way to fix the problem.
It’s been a while since I tried to do anything additionally funky with my dd-wrt router but I thought that it was about time.
For this project, I decided to create a timemachine to backup some Mac’s via a E3000 Linksys router wirelessly. This worked to some extent, however it did require some fiddling every now and then. I have since moved away from Mac’s and have now removed this configuration.